• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 700w: bad printer, bad support, advice needed. How did you return/replace your HP 700/800?

nolanola

Hello forum.
We purchased an HP 700W through IT supply over a year ago. First time it broke down after two weeks.
We extended the warranty for another year for $3600.00. It doesn't perform very well: long warm up, errors, poor ink. I can see multiple reviews how HP 700 and 800 were returned or replaced.
The support is very bad. It's called "next business day tech visit". I opened a case two weeks ago and I just received an email with "hey, what's wrong?". There's no phone number to call an HP technician directly, you can only call a call center in India and schedule a phone call back. And maybe they will call you back in a week or so.
Neither IT supplies or HP communicate with me.
I feel very frustrated, I think I'm not talking to the right person. Please share your experience.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
The last time they came out to fix my printer HP accidentally sent an additional box of supplies. The service tech said they just accidentally sent the same box to me twice and to just keep the extra box.

It’s a full box of their upgrade kit which solves a lot of the problems the earlier models had. If you are interested in it I also have some new ink cartridges and some printheads as well.

Let me know if you are interested and what you think it would be worth to ship it to you.

ikarasu

Look up lemon law in your state.

Talk to your supplier and tell them you're not happy and want to go a different route.

Unless your state has a lemon law that your printer falls under, it's up to the supplier / hp...

ToTo

Professional Support
Hello forum.
We purchased an HP 700W through IT supply over a year ago. First time it broke down after two weeks.
We extended the warranty for another year for $3600.00. It doesn't perform very well: long warm up, errors, poor ink. I can see multiple reviews how HP 700 and 800 were returned or replaced.
The support is very bad. It's called "next business day tech visit". I opened a case two weeks ago and I just received an email with "hey, what's wrong?". There's no phone number to call an HP technician directly, you can only call a call center in India and schedule a phone call back. And maybe they will call you back in a week or so.
Neither IT supplies or HP communicate with me.
I feel very frustrated, I think I'm not talking to the right person. Please share your experience.
This happens when you buy from market and not from an approved reseller with technical support. Try to find a service company nearby that can support you.
Lots of known issues has been resolved with enhancement kit.

nolanola

This happens when you buy from market and not from an approved reseller with technical support. Try to find a service company nearby that can support you.
Lots of known issues has been resolved with enhancement kit.
It Supplies is an approved reseller, the same as Grimco.

nolanola

Look up lemon law in your state.

Talk to your supplier and tell them you're not happy and want to go a different route.

Unless your state has a lemon law that your printer falls under, it's up to the supplier / hp...
We bought a brand new printer. Does "lemon law" work for new equipment as well?

Mike Perth

We returned our replacement 800w after 18 months of heartache for us and our local reseller and replaced it with a Colorado 1650. While we had the 800w we dabbled in white print on glazing films. For this application the 800w white ink was stunning and we completed some beautiful, high end projects with white/colour on clear. Also on the occasional SAV runs with the 800w the prints were outstanding too. As we now only print wallpapers the 1650 is the perfect machine for us.

Haimduek

nolanola - you did buy from an approved reseller and the HP service organization should help you as the machine has a year warranty and it looks like you also bought an additional coverage. Let me help you escalate it internally. Pls open a case number by calling Technical Support for North America 800-204-6344 Latex: Option 3. They will give you a case number and will engage remote support that will call you back to analyze the problems and send parts a head of the engineer as needed. Pls email me at Duek@hp.com with the case number and I will push this forward.​

BigNate

We bought a brand new printer. Does "lemon law" work for new equipment as well?
most states have lemon laws that pertain to vehicles... However the general warranty of merchantability should cover anything sold by a business that does not perform the tasks it was specifically sold to do....

parrott

I am curious as to what is going on with HP. I have had 2 different sales reps for HP come into my shop to try and sell to me direct. Big turn off for me and their distributors. Both have been told that we will no longer do business with HP given their track record with support. After spending hundreds of thousands of dollars with a company and the way you are treated is infuriating. Spend your money with a company that cares and stands behind their product (not sure if there are any in the 60" market).

nolanola

I feel robbed.
About to talk to a lawyer and see if there's an opportunity for a Group Litigations Lawsuit.

nolanola

nolanola - you did buy from an approved reseller and the HP service organization should help you as the machine has a year warranty and it looks like you also bought an additional coverage. Let me help you escalate it internally. Pls open a case number by calling Technical Support for North America 800-204-6344 Latex: Option 3. They will give you a case number and will engage remote support that will call you back to analyze the problems and send parts a head of the engineer as needed. Pls email me at Duek@hp.com with the case number and I will push this forward.​

Thank you for this message.
I've done this 17 days ago, and then I did it again 13 days ago.
Received a misleading email from one certified hp technician, after that another one "tried" calling me.
It's agonizing.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
If they have an upgrade kit for these machines, why isn't it installed before it is delivered since it is a known problem.
After all by making the upgrade kit with improved parts they are admitting that there is a problem.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If they have an upgrade kit for these machines, why isn't it installed before it is delivered since it is a known problem.
After all by making the upgrade kit with improved parts they are admitting that there is a problem.
The kit came this year for older units. All new units have the parts already...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
May I ask you to share more information about the kit? Is there a part number for it? The HP just ignore me at this point.
I don't think it matters how much you know or not if they won't order it for you. It's locked to serial numbers, it's not a stock part.

Y0U21-67265

And based on your last message about issues, it's not going to fix anything else for you than ink leak if you have one.