• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 800W error code 0080-0040-0082

DeeDBLu

Has anybody seen this error code before? I keep getting this error code and it says that a "safety element is open during movement" I have no clue what safety element is open. Been happening pretty consistently over the last couple days.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
That message typically means one of the doors is either open or the sensor for the door is not being triggered properly.

DeeDBLu

Okay, hard to tell which door it is as all of them close and you can here the sensor clicking when the door closes. I've checked the printzone window door and the carriage cover. not sure what other doors there are.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would triple check the heater safeties. If it moves a little while printing it can unlock. Has them on left and right side.

DeeDBLu

I would triple check the heater safeties. If it moves a little while printing it can unlock. Has them on left and right side.
Thanks, I'm not sure I know what they look like so am having trouble locating them. Can you give me a picture or describe what they look like?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Number 2&5. The curing unit has a metallic pusher on both sides that goes into those. You can figure it out by looking at it when lowering it.
Might be that the microswitch is not high enough or something.

1658857270504.png