• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ehburls

Hey so I've has the 800W for a few months now. I gotta say that I'm not sure how much I really like this thing. I had a L570 that we replaced with the 800W and at first i thought it was a nie upgrade but I have been getting crashes at almost 5x the rate and I absolutely have the new take up system with a passion. but I digress....
Lately I've been having issues with what I feel like I've narrowed down to the input/output tension. I've ran multiple alignments (auto and manual) so I feel like that isn't it. The issue at hand is that my print heads go in and out of alignment during the process which makes it seem like its for sure a tension issue. I've tried a couple different tensions (i believe its between 4 and 40) and none of them seem to be helping the situation.

I had a tech in from HP to do ramp up training on our new R1000 and although he wasn't trained specifically on the 800W he too agreed with me that its likely a tension issue sine it doesn't seem to be a print head or optimizer issue.

Has anyone else had issues with this?
alignment issue.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What is the print direction?
What is this material or you have the issue on every material?

How about few more samples with print direction marked. Some color as well please.

Ehburls

What is the print direction?
What is this material or you have the issue on every material?

How about few more samples with print direction marked. Some color as well please.
its on 45lb bond currently but its doing it on every single media. The bottom of the image is the lead edge

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Okay well first replace the OMAS lens. There's new ones in the maintenance kit which has the oils and stuff.

Then if that does nothing, do a manual advance calibration.

Ehburls

Update: I had my tech in the other day and I guess enough calcium residue from our humidifiers built up in the substrate advance encoder. I didn't even realized that part existed so it was good to know that was something to keep an eye on. He's still going to order a new line sensor just to be safe since I'm still not satisfied with the general graininess but that's what it was :rolleyes:
...also getting a plumber back in here because he didn't hook our water filter up correctly :mad: