• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrintQueen

hi all,

wondering if anyone has had to replace their ink collector platens on their latex machines? We have a L365, and have done a significant amount of fabric printing over the past few years. We've switched around the felts so that now we've used up as much clean space as the felts had to offer. Has anyone been able to just order and replace the felts only, or do I need to purchase a whole new set of platens in order to get new felts? Seems like such a waste of money and resources to purchase a new set of platens, when all we need to do is refresh the felts/foam. Alternatively, has anyone had any success in cleaning their current felts to allow them to get more life/absorbency out of them?

many thanks in advance!

RMarshall

We used to do a lot of fabric printing and HP support told me that you used to be able to buy the pads on their own but now you have to order the entire collector kit, which I agree is a total waste of money and resources.

We just washed the collectors out by hand every so often using stain remover, borax, detergent, really whatever we had on hand at the moment.
The felt gets a little raggedy but they still work just fine.
We dont really do fabric any more but my plan was to rip out the felt pads once they were too far gone and see if I could replace them with some crafting felt or something.
Makes me think of the inkjet printer we had in a studio when I was in art school – instead of buying new maintenance cartridges they just used a chip resetter and filled the cartridge with a stack of maxi pads :p

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We used to do a lot of fabric printing and HP support told me that you used to be able to buy the pads on their own but now you have to order the entire collector kit, which I agree is a total waste of money and resources.

We just washed the collectors out by hand every so often using stain remover, borax, detergent, really whatever we had on hand at the moment.
The felt gets a little raggedy but they still work just fine.
We dont really do fabric any more but my plan was to rip out the felt pads once they were too far gone and see if I could replace them with some crafting felt or something.
Makes me think of the inkjet printer we had in a studio when I was in art school – instead of buying new maintenance cartridges they just used a chip resetter and filled the cartridge with a stack of maxi pads :p
You can get just the pads, with the plastic bottom that just clips in.

RMarshall

Could you tell us where/how?

Im not surprised that HP would try and force you to buy the whole kit but I haven't found the pads themselves anywhere.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Could you tell us where/how?

Im not surprised that HP would try and force you to buy the whole kit but I haven't found the pads themselves anywhere.
From your local reseller or anywhere you can find them.

T7U74A
HP Series 300 Ink Collector Foam Kit

PrintQueen

From your local reseller or anywhere you can find them.

T7U74A
HP Series 300 Ink Collector Foam Kit
This product number is the one that pulls up the whole ink collector kit, foam pads plus platens, which is about $500. I would love to find just the foam pad replacements, as you mention, that just snap in and out, but all I can find is the complete kits, which just seem like a huge waste to me. Please drop a link to the foam only, if you have been able to find them.

Many thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
This product number is the one that pulls up the whole ink collector kit, foam pads plus platens, which is about $500. I would love to find just the foam pad replacements, as you mention, that just snap in and out, but all I can find is the complete kits, which just seem like a huge waste to me. Please drop a link to the foam only, if you have been able to find them.

Many thanks!
No it's not! T7U74A - is only foams, like 20pcs. I've had that box on my hands opened up and I can tell you won't get the platens in it. And yes it costs like $500 for couple plastics with foams!
If you want platens that's another $600 on top of that $500.

Don't believe me then don't but this it's a fact. T7U74A - only foams.

PrintQueen

No it's not! T7U74A - is only foams, like 20pcs. I've had that box on my hands opened up and I can tell you won't get the platens in it. And yes it costs like $500 for couple plastics with foams!
If you want platens that's another $600 on top of that $500.

Don't believe me then don't but this it's a fact. T7U74A - only foams.
thank you! I appreciate the info. for the price, it seems like I'm just going to keep cleaning off the ones that I have. Fabric isn't our #1 seller, and i can't seem to justify paying that much for some foam bits. And I'll likely never go through all of them by the time the end of life of the machine approaches. I appreciate your insight!