• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex or Roland Eco-Sol?????????

Anyone want to chime in on this? I am going to get a new printer, I think I am between the Roland Versa Art and the HP Designjet L25500 latex printer.
Anyone have any interesting info on either?

we looked at both at an open house afew months back and decided to go for the roland. we got the vp540i and love it. the roland i know is a tried and trusted work horse, the sales reps were still figuring out the hp and couldn't say how well it would hold up compared to the roland. you also need 2 240v outlets for the hp and hp recommend that you have 2 fire extinguishers due to the row of heaters/fans along the top. this is what i was told by the techs at the open house. the hp was good in that basically everything was a consumable...in other words the print heads were classed as a consumable, you used them for x amount of hours and then replaced them, i think they were a couple hundred bucks or so per head, maybe even 150....can't remember. the hp as its latex has no drying time to, which was nice, but again, the roland is a tried and tested machine, so went for that.

marcsitkin

We are coming up on the six month mark on out HP, and can say that compared to our old Mimaki JV3 it replaced, it's a great improvement.

The biggest advantage to us is that it matches our very cyclical workflow. When we are busy, the HP performs very well. Great output, no drying time, works on lots of materials. When we are slow, it sits there quietly and makes 0 demands on our time. No cleanings, no ink wasted, no overflow tanks, no head washings. When work comes in, push the button, load media and start printing. Job finished, push the button and forget it.

Like any new machine, longevity is unknown. Last HP's (5000's)went 9 years with nothing but head and belt changes. Each billed around $1,000,000 of output, so they certainly paid for themselves. Sold them both, and to my knowledge, they are up and running today.