• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Panel Color Shift

Christian @ 2CT Media

We just started noticing that our new set of inks from HP is causing print head drop out... I actually just lost all the print nozzles in C and lc print heads. All of my inks dated 11/2012 is causing this, and everything older isn't.

MachServTech

In the past I have noticed a pronounced shift from job to job....occasionally, but it was traced to alignment or linerization issues. This seems different and varies within the job. Just in Magenta and Cyan right now.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I did a test print of my nozzels and was shocked at how clogged two of the heads were.

I was not having issues with the prints, just did it out of the blue.

I have had issues in the past with color shift from panel to panel on large banners, but not enough to change the heads out.

I assume if you had all new heads you'd get a better chance at perfection.

MachServTech

I will change all of the heads at once and see what the results are. I assume that it will help, but I will monitor and report. Just fishing for info.

Has anyone seen a color shift from panel to panel on the same print job?
Any suggestions on possible resolutions?

Is this on L25500 or L26500?
There can sometimes be issues with printheads overheating and causing both nozzle dropouts and color shifts. This is more prone to happening on large multi-tile jobs. It can help to use gutters, and to print multi-tile jobs as separate jobs to give the heads more of a rest.

Newest firmware for the L26500 includes a new parameter that can help with this also, but at present it's not in the released FW for the L25500.

sowinski_t

I see this occasionally, on larger, multi panel jobs. I've resolved (or at least minimized this) by enabling the print stripe and having the job flip the tiles 180 every other tile. So the tiles are printed top/bottom//bottom/top//top/bottom etc... Also, if possible (such as multiple copies of multi panel jobs) to try to give it a "break" between copies if possible. I think this lets the printheads cool down a little. Also, if your printheads are way over warranty (300% use or more) this may happen more often. Finally, try to not have the print room temperature/humidity drop or spike in the middle of a print job.