• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex print and turn side ways to cut?

artofacks1

Hello,

I have a 64” 335 and a 30” plotter

could I print 64” x 30”

than feed to the plotter 30” x 64” and it register?

rjssigns

Unless something has changed plots need to run the same direction as the print came off the printer.

artofacks1

A guy on Facebook gave me an idea. He said bring your art into graphtec pro and rotator it to 30” x 64” and add crop marks. Than save it out of there and bring it into Flexi and rotate it to 64” x 30” and print it.

not a bad idea

rjssigns

A guy on Facebook gave me an idea. He said bring your art into graphtec pro and rotator it to 30” x 64” and add crop marks. Than save it out of there and bring it into Flexi and rotate it to 64” x 30” and print it.

not a bad idea
That sounds like it could work. Let us know if it worked.

AGCharlotte

depends a bit on how you're adding marks and how you're cutting. If you're using a Graphtec cutter, you can use Cutting Master to rotate however you like (putting the marks in through Illustrator). If you're using Onyx to front both the printer and the cutter, I think you can also rotate but I'm not positive.

FrankW

If you use Flexi, in the "Contour"-Tab of the "Rip & Print"-Window you have an option "Rotate cut job". This will let the RIP rotate the contour cut markers horizontally. A customer of mine is using that for contour cutting with his 64" Latex an Summa S75.

Interesting side effect: if you use a summa, increasing the number of markers will lead to more contour cutting accuracy.

This is the link to a video I have created for my former company, how to increase cutting accuracy with the commonly shlightly deformed latex print jobs. You will find the procedure to print the markers rotated from 1:08 (the video is in english).