• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Latex V Epson S series Eco solvent

ljwhyte

Hi i need some advice, so I've used Epson large formats for years and also never needed to use a RIP as Ive always managed to use Photoshop which does the trick. But now I,m looking to add another large format and I can't decide whether to go Eco Solvent (Epson) or the HP Latex!! The s series are more expensive but are they worth it? What would you guys go for? tia

Hi i need some advice, so I've used Epson large formats for years and also never needed to use a RIP as Ive always managed to use Photoshop which does the trick. But now I,m looking to add another large format and I can't decide whether to go Eco Solvent (Epson) or the HP Latex!! The s series are more expensive but are they worth it? What would you guys go for? tia
Depends on your application. Lots of stickers with small text or very demanding customers (artist, museums etc) i would go with the Epson. Generally out the door commercial jobs with fast turnaround i would go Latex

ljwhyte

Yes its for outdoor work, Im just worried as Ive been told with latex the colours dont always match up!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If budget isn't an issue, the Epson is a more high quality machine. Most people get the HPs because they are cheaper, have non-toxic ink and the printheads are cheap. But if you can afford the Epson, it's the better choice in my opinion.