• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex with Bulk ink system

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Just to show off a bit )))
Here is another latex 315 of mine now equipped with the bulk ink system, recently refurbished and converted.
Thanks to lockdown I had enough time to "sharpen" the technology.

Attachments

• photo_2020-11-27_14-18-18.jpg
    photo_2020-11-27_14-18-18.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Please post more picture. Are you pressurizing your bulk tanks?
Using originals as passthrough?
Ink brand?
One more picture? Here you go, mine 26500 with the same system built in.

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_213443_706.jpg
    IMG_20201127_213443_706.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
What's the point of just showing it off?

What's the ink? Where to get the system?
The point to show off is that I developed the whole solution just myself in house.

I didn't think about commercialization but theoretically you can get the system from me directly.

jawdavis

I'd be curious to know a bit more about your process, as well. Probably not something we'd have the time/skill/patience to rig up, but I like knowing how people solve things creatively. Are the inks pressurized? How do the chips on the cartridges play into this?

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Right. He just put an old rig from solvent printer on top to take a picture
Not really :))

Are the inks pressurized
Yes, they are.

How do the chips on the cartridges play into this?
There are two ways. 1st you can bypass the chip system but you'll have keep an eye on the ink level in the bulk system.
Second - I did make a chip resetter so I can reset the OEM chip. So for now I think about to dismount the bulk system and just refill the genuine cartridges and reset chips once they are empty.

It's not new. You found hot water, but congratulations!
From a commercial point of view, however, it is better to sell ink cartridges.
If so far you bought 6 or 1 x 750ml, now you have to buy 6 x 3l - 18 litters, or 60 litters 891.
Third generation ink is better than first and second. The temperature in the print camera replaces the need for the optimizer. Rather, the optimizer in the third series replaces the temperature at 25 and 26500.
Congratulations if you were able to bypass the chip system. It's easier to just change the chips. They are not expensive.
The rest is just gravity.