• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Premium Poster Paper - curing issue?

RMarshall

Im running am HP Latex 560 and noticing some weird issues with a 36" roll of HP Premium Poster Paper.

I just printed several 34x54" posters and while cutting them out I noticed that the pastel areas of the image are much more matte.
The ink in these areas dont rub off, but if I wipe it with my hand or a cloth it leaves a shiny buff mark kind of like a grease mark.

Is this just the optimizer/ink not curing all the way?
Maybe I need to add a pass delay for the 36" roll to give it more time to cure?
Any idea why its only the pastel areas and not the darker/more saturated areas?

I went into the profile settings and ran an ink drying test and the results are confusing me even more...
I rubbed the different saturation areas with a piece of paper to see how much ink would transfer (aka testing if ink was dry)
The 70% area "rubbed off" much more than the 120% area...I thought that the opposite would have been the case since 120% = more ink = wouldn't dry as well.

Can someone tell me what Im missing here?
New to printing on paper with latex and so far just learning from trial and error o_O

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's the paper that's changing it's appearance. I'm sure there's better explanation for it.
It then makes it optically look different.