• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex 700 vs 750

Eternity

Hey all! New to this forum and new to sign making in general. Thinking about buying the scitex series either 700 or 750. Just curious if they have any significant differences in mechanics or anything else? obviously it's different enough to warrant having separate model numbers, but I'm curious if something breaks down in the 700 can i replace it with a part from the 750, or vice versa.

Looking forward to learning more about the industry with all of you, and I hope all of you are staying safe and shop still open during this ti me :)

FrankW

A lot of the parts of the 500/700 and 550/750 are identical, others are different. A few parts are modified for the 550/750, but can be used for 500/700 too. Specially the carriage and carriage rail has undergone huge modifications. And, because of the 550/750 are successor of the 500/700, the 500/700 are older machines.

But: except for a few very interesting technical ideas realized with that machines, they are very outdated. For example, while current models of UV-printers have LED UV-lamps which lasts thousands of hours, the HP uses mercury lamps which lasts somewhat between 500 and 1.000 hours (most of the time 600 - 700h), and costing a lot of money (one set around US$ 400).