• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500 Printing issues fogging/overspray

Scottie93

Good Morning,
Having an issue with my FB500. Black and magenta seem to fog out or overspray really bad. I will attach a picture. If I run out a ton of ink it seems to be good. Yesterday I printed a 4x8 sheet of black and it was pretty good after that. Then I let it sit overnight and we are back to square one again. Any ideas? The black ink is brand new. Both black printheads are new within the year. I have tried the obvious. including wiping and cleaning the printheads and emptying re priming and purging. Appreciate any tips or help!

IMG-2192.jpg
IMG-2184.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
"underperforming" HP ink. We ran into that issue a lot when we had our scitex. Could also be static.

Scottie93

Could it be that something is wrong with the height sensor, and the head is too high?
I dont think so as its really just black thats really bad? I tried bringing it down even closer and the head touched on the edge of the sheet so I think its pretty close?

Scottie93

"underperforming" HP ink. We ran into that issue a lot when we had our scitex. Could also be static.
So static is an issue as this building has carpet.... Seems odd that it would really only be black that has the issue bad if it was static? As for the ink I just made a case with HP and am waiting for a callback. I'm guessing since it's out of warranty I will have to pay $200 just to talk to them but if it helps get me answers it's worth it.

ikarasu

We had the same issue with Magenta - HP warrantied the magenta ink, after purging / re-filling ink it was fine.... and then at about 50% it did the same thing. HP warrantied it again... worked fine... then at 20% same thing. a few years ago, it was a "known issue". Black also started to do it - We got tired of waiting a few days for the warranty...although a box of free ink was nice, it was causing too much downtime...so we switched over to Nazdar - It's plug and play, no need to do anything special - We ran it for about 2 years before we got rid of the machine, and never had misting issues on the nazdar ink.... Then every month there was a post or two on here exactly like yours inquiring about misting, and it always turns out to be the HP ink.

Switch to nazdar - It's a bit cheaper, runs good... it actually gave us better reds than OEM HP ink does even.

javagod

Manager
It definitely bad ink, we have had that issue a lot. Call HP, they will give you some tested to do and send you new ink.