• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Summa cutter media advances during cut

Steve Murphy

Hey All, I have a HP335 print & cut setup and when I cut just plain coloured decals (not printed) on the cutter it will stop at a random interval and feed a heap of media through, then run all that media back and continue cutting from where it stopped. I have checked that I don't have any panel options selected in the Flexi rip or on the plotter itself and it's driving me mad! Wondered if anybody else has noticed this and maybe has a fix for it? It mostly happens on a job that is longer than the width of the media and doesn't ever happen if I cut a job that has been printed.
Thanks

S2S

Hey All, I have a HP335 print & cut setup and when I cut just plain coloured decals (not printed) on the cutter it will stop at a random interval and feed a heap of media through, then run all that media back and continue cutting from where it stopped. I have checked that I don't have any panel options selected in the Flexi rip or on the plotter itself and it's driving me mad! Wondered if anybody else has noticed this and maybe has a fix for it? It mostly happens on a job that is longer than the width of the media and doesn't ever happen if I cut a job that has been printed.
Thanks
You have the auto load option on

jadrewitz

You want autoload on. It feeds a bunch of material through so that it has slack in the roll. This way when its speeding through the cutting its not jerking the roll causing tracking issues.

• Agree
Reactions: S2S

Steve Murphy

You have the auto load option on
Yep that's exactly the thing I need, BUT there is no option in the menu's for my plotter where I can turn it off. Having read up on it now I think i'll leave it alone. It cuts perfectly at the moment and I don't need anything going wrong. It's just annoying when I leave it while it's running and then come back to find the media has pinched or bunched up because it's fed a heap through. Thanks guys for your help! Appreciate it.

Steve Murphy

You want autoload on. It feeds a bunch of material through so that it has slack in the roll. This way when its speeding through the cutting its not jerking the roll causing tracking issues.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah i'm going to leave it as is. I don't even have the option to turn it off for some reason. Thanks mate.