• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Z6100 loading paper error 79:04 - after replacing line sensor

PaulGuitarMan

Hi everyone !

I have a Z6100 that recently started not reading the maintenance cartridge anymore. So I took the line sensor from another Z6100 that worked (we disassembled and kept all the parts) and mounted it on this one.
The message saying ("Maintenance Cartridge Missing") has disappeared except now when loading the paper there is a 79:04 error.
Reading the manual I know that i need to calibrate the line sensor after replacement. The problem is that in order to do this calibration the plotter must load the paper. But it cannot load because during the loading it give the error 79:04

Oh i've also changed the Hard Disk but the same.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks
P

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would consider it was not even related to the line sensor to begin with and you had a completely different issue from the start.

PaulGuitarMan

I noticed that when loading the paper the carriage moves from right to left 2 times. The first time a red light comes on and the second time a blue light and then it goes into error 79:04

greysquirrel

79:04 is a generic firmware error. In the service manual I believe it is about 15 pages of items to check. I would remove all media from printer, power off and remove all printheads and ink cartridges. Unplug for 5 minutes, open the hood, plug back in and power up. The printer will tell you to close, reinstall and load media and clear any stray errors.

PaulGuitarMan

79:04 is a generic firmware error. In the service manual I believe it is about 15 pages of items to check. I would remove all media from printer, power off and remove all printheads and ink cartridges. Unplug for 5 minutes, open the hood, plug back in and power up. The printer will tell you to close, reinstall and load media and clear any stray errors.
I've already resolved