• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP110 error 79:04

DRD0198

6 hours into this project and paying for tech support that has no reached out to me yet i am still sitting here with an error code of 79:04 (gateway connectivity) I have re-downloaded the firmware and nothing changed. the support guy i talked to in the beginning told me that if that didnt work then i needed to call my internet company and get the DNS and gateway numbers i did that and i have them i am not sure how or where to enter those numbers so i called HP back and thats when i had to pay for tech support and since then i have been waiting for a call back. my printer has been down all day and i am here at the end of the day just trying to do anything to get this printer back up and running. ill be completely honest when it comes to codes and ip addresses i get lost so it might take some dumbed up explinations to get me where i need to be but any help would be much appriciated.

Ezek0

Its a firmware error, idk why they telling you that its the internet.
This error is caused most of the times due to a faulty consumable.

Try this:
-Unplug the machine from the wall.
-Unplug all ink cartridges.
-Remove all printheads.
-Remove maintanence cartridge.

After you have removed all consumibles, plug the machine back to the wall and let it turn on. If the printers turns on as normal, plug everything back.

DRD0198

Try this:
-Remove all printheads.

After you have removed all consumibles, plug the machine back to the wall and let it turn on. If the printers turns on as normal, plug everything back.
I appriciate the response unfortunantly i did everything and as soon as i started to print it kicked the same code 79:04 and says turn off printer in the problem continues to call support. the good news is i called support and i am still at the top of their list from yesterday. all i can do is laugh at this point.

Ezek0

I appriciate the response unfortunantly i did everything and as soon as i started to print it kicked the same code 79:04 and says turn off printer in the problem continues to call support. the good news is i called support and i am still at the top of their list from yesterday. all i can do is laugh at this point.
So after removing everything I told you the printer is booting up correctly ? If that's the case, then all you gotta do is detect the consumable that is faulty (I bet its one of the ink cartridges).

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I just did a quick google search. sounds like it might be the print job in the queu.

I had an issue with my hp315 a couple of years ago when we first moved into our new shop. The internet was dropping in the middle of a print run. I hardwired the printer to the modem. It takes some steps to do it. I actually got help from the flexi support because they guy happened to know what was happening.

If you have firmware updates you can do them through your software on your rip station.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

Try this:
-Remove all printheads.

i know you can't believe everything on the internet but when you google the code it says its a print job that got stuck in the queu

Ezek0

i know you can't believe everything on the internet but when you google the code it says its a print job that got stuck in the queu
Captura de pantalla (25).png

DRD0198

hi guys thanks for the replies and assistance.
so turns out it is not a connection issue, i have a local tech here and all connections are good, it seems to be a firmware issue with the newest firmware so we are now trying to roll back to the older firmware to see if we can get the printer to accept jobs again. p.s still nothing from HP 27hours since i have called

DRD0198

Final outcome the Printer is running just fine..... what ended up being the case was something i overlooked, i had the local computer tech come check everything out and everything looked good the problem was i do some printing for a guy that does his own design work and it appears that he had three artboards in one print and quite possibly that was just too much for the printer. i went back to my last print job and started to print it and it went through just fine. i may not know alot about these computers and there programs but i sure am learning quickly. as far as this case goes its closed i appreciate everyone that took the time to try and help out.

Ezek0

Yeah, 79:04 mostly shows up when the printer detects that something went wrong but doesnt know what excactly. So the solution can be tricky to find.
Glad you solve the issue anyways!