• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp115 Print Quality

Jellybeans

When using the HP Latex 115 to print on glossy permanent vinyl the images look speckled. It's like the the image is not a solid color and can see white dots throughout it. When I called HP they mentioned 2 things, but without a warranty could not help me. 1: My vinyl could have polarizer on it. 2: My settings could be wrong. I don't think its the first one as every material I have used seems to look this way. Has anyone had this issue and know how I could get a solid filled in images?

Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Post a picture of what exactly you mean.
Its easy to tell if it's plasticizer or not. It has very visible white dots all over.

But graininess you can not remove completely.

Jellybeans

I'm using Flexi to rip the images from an AI Illustrator file.
the first one is a vinyl sticker. the other is on banner material.

stickers.jpg
banner.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You might have multiple problems. I'm not sure where to start but...
Make sure your printheads are performing 100% and none of them have any problems. Especially optimizer. Then make sure the alignment is done.

How many passes are you doing? Maybe you are printing 6p but expect it to look like 12pass?

Lastly it could be that if your rolls have been sitting for a while that you do in fact have some plasticizer effect in there as well.

But my first guess is that your optimizer printhead is not working properly or something like that.

Last edited:

FCD

I run a Latex 115, and as mentioned above, that is most likely a print head issue with the optimizer or other print heads. Also do a manual print head alignment, the auto alignment sucks on these machines in my opinion. You could also check to make sure the optimizer level is not set too high or too low in the profile.

Jr gong

I run 115 all day every day except Sunday.
This is a print Head issue.
Top culprit: optimizer head.
Next: light cyan or light magenta.
So print head test and see If The light cyan and magenta are firing.
If they are... issue is with optimizer! Replace.

Jellybeans

I ran it on Friday to clean the optimizer. Then ran the print head chart. Here are the results: I manually entered the alignment after this. Do you see anything missing or that shouldn't be there?

print chart.jpg
print chart2.jpg
View attachment 160467

lookinc

Okay so I have the same problem as the gentleman above. I've gone through two Roland xc540 machines replaced multiple print heads motherboards so on and so forth on the Roland. I've always liked the idea of an HP latex printer because of the instant drying. So I bought a brand new in-the-box 3-year-old used machine at an incredibly discounted price. I have successfully printed about four rolls of material on this machine so far. The type of work I do is temporary truck graphics so I print a lot of square footage in solid color. This machine has worked beautifully so far it did act up one time before where multiple cleanings solve the problem and I thought I was in the clear. I have a fresh roll of material in the machine I've just finished printing 50 ft of material with a perfect print no speckle no spots solid color using onyx rip with all generic profiles 300 DPI at 8 passes the print was perfect the color was nice there was no speckling or optimizer issues. Went to reprint the file and it started doing the same thing as above. Like most jobs this happened at 5:00 on a Friday. With the installation being Sunday. Luckily I had on the shelf all the replacement items that are mentioned above so I replaced the cleaning carriage I replaced the optimizer ink I replace the optimizer printhead I believe it has something to do with the optimizer but I've replaced everything that I could replace so there is an internal problem in this machine causing this problem. At this point I need to get an HP technician that understands this machine I do realize that my machine is out of warranty and no longer is supported by HP I live in the Philadelphia area can anybody steer me in the right direction for a technician that might know how to solve this problem.

Attachments

• IMG20220901184417.jpg
    IMG20220901184417.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG20220901190015.jpg
    IMG20220901190015.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Did you try another roll? Just be 100% sure you don't have plasticizer faulty rolls on your hands. If you do it's just a waste of time trying to fix it.