• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP700 color issues - all jets firing well - Onyx RIP - 4color? 6color?

MarkH42

We have an HP FB700 and an FB550. We use Onyx PosterShop RIP software for both. Lately on the 700, our greys are olive green. I am confused about the RIP software because in some places within the software (job info for example), it says "4 colors" even though the printer is a 6 color machine. In some places it does correctly say "CMYKcm" but in others, the "4 colors" text is a concern.

I just printed a full sheet of all PMS colors on both printers and the Greys on the 700 look like a collection of greens. On the 550 they look great and all of the RIP and machine settings seem to be the same. Again, the 700 is firing all jets - no problems there.

Is there a color calibration feature in the printer itself? If so, I can't find it. Would the problem be in the RIP software? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!

AlsEU

Maybe some of your profiles are CMYK only, without light C and light M? Do you have separate profiles for 700 and for 550?

MarkH42

No, we use the exact same profiles for both printers. I posted the same issue in the RIP software forum and several people suggested we get an XWRITE i1 profiler. I will likely do that, but I'm looking for a quick fix to get them close while we work on a more permanent solution. I'm thinking about going in the RIP software to the color correction feature and making adjustments until I get it close. It looks to me like grey becoming green is an issue of too much yellow, so I'll start there.

AlsEU

Even if it's true, question is, why there's too much yellow? And maybe there's not enough black? Did you try to print solids of the pure CMYK colours to see, if there's no problem with the ink delivery, weak heads and so on?