• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp700 + "wasted lead"

ikarasu

Anyone on the new hp700 firmware?

My operator was complaining that it keeps sucking the media back. Whenever he loads a new material... If he extends it past the heater, the moment he hits print it sucks it all the way back in right to the edge :roflmao:

I've been using it today... And sure enough it does. It's a bit scary, but I've done 6 different prints and no jams yet.

I imagine there is a way to turn it off, I know it asks if we want to use a leader on our traffic materials... But it's funny how it defaulted to this, and surprising it'll just suck it back in.

Everything's printing right to the edge... About an inch or two away, I guess how got tired of people crying about wasting a foot every time they load. No complaints from me, I like it!

Attachments

• 20220624_102522.jpg
    20220624_102522.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 228

ikarasu

Yup. Sucks all the way back!

I know when weoad our traffic it says to use some lead. I'm thinking that option will prevent it from sucking all the way back.

Unless our machines just broken... But I doubt it. It's actually nice, less wasted materials and so far no jams

Anyone on the new hp700 firmware?

My operator was complaining that it keeps sucking the media back. Whenever he loads a new material... If he extends it past the heater, the moment he hits print it sucks it all the way back in right to the edge :roflmao:

I've been using it today... And sure enough it does. It's a bit scary, but I've done 6 different prints and no jams yet.

I imagine there is a way to turn it off, I know it asks if we want to use a leader on our traffic materials... But it's funny how it defaulted to this, and surprising it'll just suck it back in.

Everything's printing right to the edge... About an inch or two away, I guess how got tired of people crying about wasting a foot every time they load. No complaints from me, I like it!
Are they & you using the Pinch Down (default) or Pinch Up (aka manual) load option?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's a bug with the new FW. You can downgrade if you want.

But I have personally seen that it works pretty well with normal materials from the edge. You just shouldn't advance it even once inch without the bug or that will screw you up.

Last edited:

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
That firmware is buggy and they know it. Re download the previous version and install it from a usb stick.