• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP700W - how to disable white ink long term?

Alpha Star

Is there a service-side procedure for disabling the white ink long term? Something like flushing the lines, perhaps? I would just like the proper terminology to ask my tech for this.

I just can't get this thing to register white to CMYK, at the scale I'm printing. I've put a few months into this, so I think it's best to move on.

ikarasu

I think we went a year from the first time we used White ink to the second time... So long that the heads in the ink expired.

When we use it the second time, it just worked.. you don't lose any ink when you have the auxiliary heads in.

I don't think you would have a problem long term just keeping it the way it is.

BigNate

just put the white print heads in the rotating holder and follow the directions every few months for circulation..... my understanding is the white system can be idled for a very long time this way... Do you have the latest and greatest firmware? our 700W does not have any issues registering white to the colors - what size are you printing? (we print small stickers up to score board faces, so we have tested ours on many different sizes....)

Alpha Star

just put the white print heads in the rotating holder and follow the directions every few months for circulation..... my understanding is the white system can be idled for a very long time this way... Do you have the latest and greatest firmware? our 700W does not have any issues registering white to the colors - what size are you printing? (we print small stickers up to score board faces, so we have tested ours on many different sizes....)
We were told our expectations were too high for this machine. We basically need pixel-perfect registration, with no choke. Can I ask what settings you would typically run with on vinyl? I feel like I’ve tried everything, but there are infinite combinations of settings.