• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP700W-Substrate loses traction. Wont feed or unload

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
I just started trying the briteline holographic vinyl and havnt had any success yet. After loading the substrate I attempt to move the vinyl further out to attach to the take up reel and the vinyl starts to slip and you can see the rubber rollers spinning but substrate isnt moving. It does this in both directions. Inspecting the paper backing I feel it is slicker and has an almost waxy feel to it whereas all of my other vinyl that works properly feels like paper as it should. In order to unload this vinyl I have to spin the vinyl roll manually as it is attempting to unload because it doesnt have enough power to pull the vinyl out and unload it. This sounds like there is too much friction on the vinyl surface and its sticking.

Is this user error? I havnt found any settings related to adjusting the force of the rollers so Im at a loss of ideas.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Your adjustments that you can do is three tension settings for the input and output roll. Maybe you need to increase or decrease some values.

However I think it might only affect printing, not the movement while not printing.

stickerhed

I just started trying the briteline holographic vinyl and havnt had any success yet. After loading the substrate I attempt to move the vinyl further out to attach to the take up reel and the vinyl starts to slip and you can see the rubber rollers spinning but substrate isnt moving. It does this in both directions. Inspecting the paper backing I feel it is slicker and has an almost waxy feel to it whereas all of my other vinyl that works properly feels like paper as it should. In order to unload this vinyl I have to spin the vinyl roll manually as it is attempting to unload because it doesnt have enough power to pull the vinyl out and unload it. This sounds like there is too much friction on the vinyl surface and its sticking.

Is this user error? I havnt found any settings related to adjusting the force of the rollers so Im at a loss of ideas.
I've had this problem on several rolls. I put some foam tape inside the core where the black rubber on the printer grabs the roll. It solved the problem.

unmateria

I think Hp700 has a vacuum setting in machine display. Try to reduce it all you can while the piece mantain about 2mm of the printhead ( a printhead strike with that material could be a disaster...)