• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP's are here!

Suz

Robbymac, thanks for your post here and response to what I said. Yes, it sucks! Tim (T3) has been helpful, advising me on some things when the software was working. Yes, it's buggy and I'm going to seriously rethink Onyx. I'll give it a full trial though, the extension disk or whatever they are sending me is coming Fedex today becuase I wasn't able to even download it from their ftp site. Their Technical help person (Chris - who was very nice by the way) tried to walk me through the ftp site thing for the extension and was unable to make it work either. So, mailing it is the alternative. It has been such a long road and so much money every step for me and I'm still not able to hang a banner outside my shop to advertise my new Latex machine. I cannot do that til I know I can produce a print to fill an order. I love the machine though, the spindle, yep, gonna call about that today. Been so pre-occupied with all the other stuff and trying to run my business. I have no time for these problems but I am trusting it will all work out very soon. Thanks for your concern and I will update. Hope everyone has smoother set ups and break-ins on their machines. I'm still glad I bought it though. :)

Suz

i am still testing onyx vs caldera.... so far onyx is winning

Dave, you must have PC and MAC? Good to know that in your comparison Onyx is winning. I cannot compare the Caldera as I don't own a Mac. However, I could own a Mac if I want to try Caldera! :)

I think though, Flexi is going to get a test run from me, if they offer a useable version you can produce real print work on. We'll see about that too.

Good luck with your testing! Would love to get a more in-depth review from you for the two different Softwares and what the good and bads are.

bigben

Would love to get a more in-depth review from you for the two different Softwares and what the good and bads are.

Me too. A friend of mine have 2 GS6000 and bought Onyx productionhouse. He get back to colorburst 2 weeks after because Onyx was WAY longer to rip. So I'm thinking about Caldera for my future L26500.

jhanson

Although the interface still leaves a little to be desired, I think Caldera's interface is far more intuitive than Onyx.

Color management and ICC profiling is about on par with what I'm used to (I formerly used ProfileMaker and i1Profiler; Caldera is now using the i1Prism engine as of v9, which is what X-rite uses in i1Profiler.).

Driver availability, ease of configuration, and installing profiles are all ridiculously simple.

I actually prefer using Caldera on a Linux box since the interface is more consistent and you get more flexibility with hardware, but if you're in an all-Mac shop that route works fine as well.