• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Hs 15 Plus Vs. Envision 375

TRiTONdesign

So looking into a Envision 375. What and I going to miss about my HS15 plus? I'm worried the tangential only blade will not let me cut the nice little circles I'm used to cutting.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Envision 375 is strictly a swivel blade. The HS-15 Plus has both swivel and tangential if I remember correctly. Tangential is inherently more accurate but is also slower than swivel.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you have the newer Omega and Edge also you can just "Home" both and forget about the eyepiece.
Both are great plotters.

FunkotronXL

Each machine has its own advantages, as mentioned earlier the Envision is much faster and can home when paired with a printer.

If you're working with Lexedge the HS 15 plus hands down wins because of the tangential blade. Polycarbonates with a swivel blade just frankly seems preposterous.

If you're working with small circles (especially on thicker materials) the Envision fails to meet expectations; often small circles will become oval or non-concentric. If you demand high tolerances on small circles (0.375" or smaller) you can circumvent the issue with a GSX or GS 15 Plus plotter via swivel blade and plot very slowly.

The Plotter Doctor is a good source if you need parts or repairs on the HS series plotters; Gerber discontinued service several years ago on the HS series. Think the control pad will get you with some sticker shock if it breaks.