• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Huge Issue with light Cyan. Nozzle check fail

HulkSmash

Hey everyone. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Printer: HP9000

our Light Cyan is failing. It's turning grays pink..and so on.

Attached is the Nozzle check results over and over the same thing happens.
The light cyan is spotty. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• Picture 527.jpg
    Picture 527.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 122

Matt Theobald

I've had some success with removing the head and cleaning in a £50 ultrasonic cleaner with wiper fluid in it.

Prior to that, physically cleaning the head with lint-free cloth or tissue with wiper fluid (while still on the machine) followed by a couple of head recovery routines has also had success

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It looks like an air leak to me. One thing that you can try to do is to swap the ink lines that go into the Lt Cyan and Cyan heads. If the problem then goes to the Cyan head, now printing with Lt Cyan ink, then you know that the head itself is good and it is probably a problem with a damper or O ring somewhere. If the problem stays with the Lt Cyan head, now printing with Cyan ink, then the problem is with the head itself and it would need to be changed.

Freese

It looks like an air leak to me. One thing that you can try to do is to swap the ink lines that go into the Lt Cyan and Cyan heads. If the problem then goes to the Cyan head, now printing with Lt Cyan ink, then you know that the head itself is good and it is probably a problem with a damper or O ring somewhere. If the problem stays with the Lt Cyan head, now printing with Cyan ink, then the problem is with the head itself and it would need to be changed.

Good test, if you feel comfertable doing it!

tbaker

both cases I saw involved after market ink, leading to head failure. That being said, there are a couple things you'll want to look at.

when was the last time the caps were replaced?
was this dropout gradual, or all at once?
when was the last time the priming assemblies were replaced.

The caps and priming assemblies are very important to keep your heads running clean. Clean the tops of your caps by taking some cap solution on a clean lint free cloth, and make sure there's no build up of dried ink on them, letting them form a good seal on the bottoms of the head.

Did you have a head crash in the recent past?

Are you keeping your wiper sponge wet with wiper solution? ( if not, then you're just smearing ink back onto the bottom of the head)

Manual head clean, a head wash sound in order.