• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am thinking of buying a Mutoh printer.

seattle

I have alot of experience using the Seiko colorpainter (HP9000) and while the prints can be really good there is banding problems that always eventually arise.

I know Mutoh has the wavy printing thing and that to mee seems like a deal maker, but how does the rest of the machines stand up? I want to get something that will atleast print 54" material so I think thats the 1304 or 1604.

How do you like yours? I also saw that people are selling the falcon real cheap. Are they worth that or not? The 48" is half as much as the 60" are they the same machine just smaller? If they are thats a deal, but I bet there is different parts.

Also I will probably get either Wasatch or Onyx to rip. Flexi seems to cheap to me. Am I wrong here?

Any info to help me make a good decision is needed.

Thanks in advance

Ohh also does anyone know the diff between prismajet and valuejet and falcon?

Bogie

I think the main reason that folks unload Falcon Jr printers is that they'll only do 38" material and under... You can always stick a roll of 15" stuff in your 100" printer, but you can't go the other way...

Flame

Actually a lot of Falcons are the 48" model (such as the one I'm selling). A very popular size. The big thing is speed.... the Valuejet is much faster than the Falcon, but despite the wave claims, I haven't seen leaps and bounds differences between the two (I have both).

rcboats1

How do you like yours? I love mine.
The 48" is half as much as the 60" are they the same machine just smaller? No they are not the same.
If they are thats a deal, but I bet there is different parts.

Also I will probably get either Wasatch or Onyx to rip. Flexi seems to cheap to me. Am I wrong here? I cant say that Flexi is "cheap", but I can say that I like Wasatch.

Any info to help me make a good decision is needed.

Thanks in advance

Ohh also does anyone know the diff between prismajet and valuejet and falcon? I'll just say that, in my opinion, you want the VJ.

Where in the Seattle area are you? There are several VJ owners in the area, plus a few dealers. You can easily go see one for youself.

Bogie

What benefits do you get from a 48" printer? Seems like the standard sizes are more like 30", 54" and then above... When I replace this stuff, I'm just going to get a 60" or larger...

I have the 48" ValueJet and love it! I thought of a larger printer but for the work running through my shop the media size has not been an issue at all. I think it depends on what you do mostly. Purchasing this machine has been the best decision I've made in 16 years in the industry! I also have Wasach and find it very easy to use. I bought mine from Unica Digital & have been very happy with the service and media I get from them! Also, Mutoh has been very responsive whenever I have had a question. If your jobs require a larger printer you should go with a larger printer but if a 48" model works then the ValueJet is a great printer....you won't be disappointed!

Matt Cuellar

But does 3m make 48'' material for car wraps?

Yes they do, but remember, if you need to print a true 48" wide print, you have to do it in uni-directional mode on the VJ-1204 which is exceptionally slow. If you deal with 47.5" wide, the 1204 is an AWESOME printer. It's low maintenance and the quality is second to none. But if you have the extra $$$, go for a VJ-1304 which is 54" wide. That may give you more choices when it comes to media sizes.

Matt

jc1cell

I know Mutoh has the wavy printing thing and that to mee seems like a deal maker, but how does the rest of the machines stand up? I want to get something that will atleast print 54" material so I think thats the 1304 or 1604.

How do you like yours? I also saw that people are selling the falcon real cheap. Are they worth that or not? The 48" is half as much as the 60" are they the same machine just smaller? If they are thats a deal, but I bet there is different parts.

Also I will probably get either Wasatch or Onyx to rip. Flexi seems to cheap to me. Am I wrong here?

I personally work with a VJ 1604. I have worked with several other brands of solvent printers and have had issues with banding on all of them. None with the VJ. The print quality is excellent and if you match it with a good rip (wasatch or onyx would do fine) you have an excellent solution. Keep in mind that no matter what you get color profiling is the key to successful and accurate printing.

If I had to choose again which printer to get I would probably stick with mutoh simply because of its Interweave...It just eliminates so many headaches with the banding issue and at this point I would never consider buying an older printer without this technology.

When it comes to the size of the printer I usually like a minimum of 60 inch printing because it allows for growth if at the moment I don't use it.

jc

D&Tgraphics

If you have some shops in your area that are running the Valuejet, call and see if you can come see it working. I love my Valuejet. I used to print with a Roland Soljet and I think the quality is way better on the valuejet.

SignRover

We love our VJ 1604, unless it needs repair. Then kiss your sales goodbye. We've been virtually ignored by our local dealer. Too many machines to sell, so little time to maintain them.

rcboats1

We love our VJ 1604, unless it needs repair. Then kiss your sales goodbye. We've been virtually ignored by our local dealer. Too many machines to sell, so little time to maintain them.

This just re-affirms the fact that you need to have a local dealer that you can count on, no matter what machine you purchase.