• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I bought a CRICUT plotter.

RebeckaR

I want one! There's nothing more fun than making itty bitty signs.
Or cutting 5 inch letters and applying them one at a time.
The limited fonts make it easier for me to make up my mind about the design. Too many choices hurt my head.

On another note.... I'd like to be able to cut paper for cards like this thing does. Any suggestions as to what could be used as a cutting mat?

NitroSigns

I slapped this together the other day. This is all CRICUT and Super77, cause you don't want to skimp on the adhesion.

Attachments

• shooter-gif.jpg
    shooter-gif.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 85

jiarby

If you don't stack them too deep lasering will work out. The edges like to burn if you put too many in there.

We used to make lotsa greeting cards for a wholesale customer...but never did them more than 2pcs thick so we could keep the edges very clean.

I was joking about telling browndog to get a cricut!

signsource1

Did you make enough off the truck to purchase the other cricuts? Before you know it you will have a livingroom full of chirping paper

NitroSigns

I think I have a 50% off coupon for Michael's that is good this weekend. It does'nt apply to Cricut products, but I should be able to buy one more Cricut plotter and some more craft paper. I need to pick up about 14 rolls of clear sticker tape to clear the truck unless they have the spray cans of clear in stock. I hope they have some of those cool bullet hole stickers. I think they would really look good on this truck.

NitroSigns

Let me let the cat out the bag....

This whole post started with my business partner and a comment he made to me at my little girl's birthday party. My wife is into scrapbooking big time. She made signs for games in the backyard with her CRICUT. When my business partner asked where the signs came from, I told him about her little scrapbooking machine. He made the comment that everyone will be in the sign business now if you can buy one of those at Michaels. We laughed and I told him I was going to post something and see if I could just get ripped apart on signs101. I find it quite funny myself. We get so busy and stressed out at work that sometimes you just need to make fun of it all. When I finish a wrap for a new customer and they ask if there is anything "special" that they need to do, I like to tell them:"Whatever you do, Don't let it get wet for atleast three weeks."