• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can't import Tif files into Signlab 8

gabagoo

Everytime I try to import a tif file into Signlab 8 the program shuts down

How on earth do you fix something like that? and what could possibly cause such a thing?

player

Do you have to import or can it open the file? Then copy paste. (I don't know I am just making this shit up. The Forum Boss should give you the correct answer.)

d fleming

Is it all tiff files or just the one? Send it to me and I'll see if I can open it in my SL8P&C. You might just have to do a fresh install.

d fleming

I would re install software at that point. If that doesn't do it it's time for someone smarter than me to either fix it or finish breaking it.

WildWestDesigns

Does SL create any tmp or backup files and if so have those been cleared out?

I know in some programs that I used to use, they would create backup files (unless you opted out) and if so many collected that would cause weird issues with the program in question.

May not be the case here, but just thought I would ask, just in case.

Otherwise, the "nuclear" option is to just re-install.

gabagoo

That's strange while didn't have any error msg from SL nor Windows. Did you meet this problem recently with only TIFF files?
I am pretty sure when the program was first installed how many years ago it was fine. I would say this started about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't generally work with tif files all that much in signlab and have Flexi in a different computer that has no issues with them, so I have been basically opening there and then saving them to pdf or jpg to get them open in Signlab. Just was curious as to why this file format would shut down a program with no explanation. I am not going to re install at this point as I am not even sure how I installed it last time lol

jimdtg

I am pretty sure when the program was first installed how many years ago it was fine. I would say this started about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't generally work with tif files all that much in signlab and have Flexi in a different computer that has no issues with them, so I have been basically opening there and then saving them to pdf or jpg to get them open in Signlab. Just was curious as to why this file format would shut down a program with no explanation. I am not going to re install at this point as I am not even sure how I installed it last time lol

If you are still keeping installer and license files, you can install it again with all on-screen requirements there.