• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got fooled!

threeputt

Ok, went out and had coffee at Mickey's this morning to get all jacked up to load new software. (after hemming and hawing for months trying to decide, I finally bought Omega's latest and greatest, (two copies) DHL delivered the bright yellow and red box a week ago.

But I didn't open it. I purposely waited until today because we'd be closed, and I'd have all day to work out any kinks and re-set all of our options and preferences on both computers.

Well......upon opening it I am red-faced and chagrined to find that it is two disks of "Video Learning Guide". Woo hoo!

But NO SOFTWARE! I guess that's still enroute. Boo!

iSign

oh well... god thing you'll be closed again soon, I hope!

I always load (that kind of) software on a business day where I can get tech support for troubleshooting, as I have needed it so often in the past with secirity block issues etc.

threeputt

Yeah, well maybe it'll come on Thursday. Right now I think I'll run home and see my son coming in from Seattle.

Merrry Christmas to all.

AKSigns

So how did the install go? If you don't mind me asking? I think its time we upgrade our omega composer but I'm scared!! I've heard about the nightmares!! Our composer is starting to shut down on one of our design stations I'm hesitant to reinstall and I don't really want to upgrade for the shear $$$ and frustration!
Plus are the new features anything I'm actually going to use? I doubt it!

ScottyDoo

So how did the install go? If you don't mind me asking? I think its time we upgrade our omega composer but I'm scared!! I've heard about the nightmares!! Our composer is starting to shut down on one of our design stations I'm hesitant to reinstall and I don't really want to upgrade for the shear $$$ and frustration!
Plus are the new features anything I'm actually going to use? I doubt it!

We've got 13 stations running the latest version and we've literally had zero problems that I know of (I take care of maintenance and problems). Not like some previous builds.

threeputt

Agree with Scottydo. The install could not be easier. You don't even have to configure the Sentinel driver. And...this was nice, all of my preferences were automatically saved. The whole install took, what, 4 minutes?

No hitches so far. Gerber is making things easier.