• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate my laptop

showcase 66

Was just working on a design that I have been going back and forth with my client and I go to save it and the laptop shuts down. Pissed me off but I just saved like 15 mins earlier. Not to big a deal right. I start the laptop back up and try and open the design.

It says the file is corrupted. I go to my other computer and try to open the file and still the same thing. Wont let me open it and shuts down illustrator or photoshop.

What sucks even more, is everything in the folder is doing the same thing. All my other files work fine but not any from this folder.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

jiarby

maybe you can restore the folder from a backup? You lose what you did today but get the rest of the folder back.

Look in your temp folder for *.tmp files that are bigger than most... and the recent date. Rename them .AI (or whatever).

I have recovered cdr's that way.

showcase 66

I started to get the blue screen of death after trying to system restore. My warranty ends on Dec 3rd. So hopefully it will get fixed before then.

I was able to get everything back as of 10pm last night off my external hard drive backup. Hopefully I can remember all the changes I had made and have it ready for monday.

Si Allen

Must have been a defective part ... not supposed to die like that until a month after the warranty expires!

showcase 66

I called Dell this morning and they said a service tech would call me within the next couple of days. About an hour later, Mike the service tech in the area gives me a call saying he is up in the area and had a cancellation and wanted to know if he could stop by and look at the laptop. He comes over and says my mother board is bad (about the 6 or 7 time) He has one with him and replaces it. Working fine. I finish loading everything back onto it and the first time I start doing anything in Photoshop it shuts down and restarts and when you think it has finished starting up, it shuts down and restarts.:banghead:

I have never broken any electronics on purpose before but with the bullchit and the Cardinals getting an ass woopin and 5 beers in, I reclaimed my ability of throwing a discus from back in Jr High. It felt so good to let it go and then I realized I still have the insurance on the damn thing. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyone know if physical damage will be covered from the insurance. I think I had the complete repair or something like that.