• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just launched a Kickstarter project.

Biker Scout

Just throw in a random "eh" every now and then. Make sure to pronounce anything that has a decidedly "U" sound as a long "OOO" sound. [About = Aboot etc.] The word "hoser" is used at least once per sentence, and by god... if you don't say "poutine" at least once during the conversation, you aren't Canadian.

/Canadian Lesson

Biker Scout

We're egging you on, because we want to see your kickstarter project succeed.

At the very least, most of us on here could have helped you out with it!

CES020

If you can't make a video, you aren't allowed to own a laser. As an owner of multiple lasers, we are officially monitoring you now. No videos, no lasers allowed :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What software do you have?
If you are on windows you should have some version of Movie Maker.
It is pretty much click and drag - check out the help files or online tuts.

If I was doing this I'd find a soundtrack first. Something that is tagged: driving, action, high tempo etc.
When you hear it you'll know it is right.
From there throw the video into the app and add in some choice photos of what you are selling.
Start editing - cut smaller clips from the video - don't run the whole thing end to end.
Cut in and out of the photos between the flight clips.
Use straight cuts for most of the transitions, if you have to use transition effects keep them simple and short - don't use too many different effects.
There should be some kind of pan/crop effects available for the photos so they don't sit there static - again simple is better - unless you are doing a Monster Truck Weekend or Miley Cyrus video.
Get it looking the way you want and add the titles last - if you think you need them.....

You can find some music here that you should be able to use (I think):
http://www.youtube.com/user/ByeByeCopyright
http://incompetech.com/music/

wayne k
guam usa

signmeup

Thanks Wayne! I have Corel Video ProX4. I loaded it up, opened it and had a small stroke. It was like a monkey trying to operate the space shuttle. No clue what it does. I'll give movie maker a look.

Adrian

signmeup

Now I have a movie I trimmed the ends off and added background music to. What did you guys who wanted to see a video, want to see in the video?

Adrian

CES020

It's just a commercial for your project. The better you make it, the better you'll do, in most cases. Tell them the details of the project, briefly. Get them excited about wanting to pledge.

CalamityJay

good work on rc kickstarter

170$ gets you the plane and everything?

What are you using for controls? or are they an extra purchase?

What is the control board used for making the rc connections? arduino?

Those planes are HUGE!!!:rock-n-roll:

signmeup

170$ gets you the plane and everything?

What are you using for controls? or are they an extra purchase?

What is the control board used for making the rc connections? arduino?

Those planes are HUGE!!!:rock-n-roll:

Jay,

Nope you get a "short kit" of all the laser cut parts needed to build the plane yourself. The only thing in the kit is laser cut parts and the plastic cowls and wheel pants if they are required. The control system etc is not included. They use a standard R/C transmitter and receiver.

Adrian

CES020

Overlay some text on the bottom, describing what you are selling, or the name of it the project, or anything. Just needs something other than a flying airplane. Looks good so far though! Nice work. You've come a long way in 24 hours from "I don't know how to do that" to here!

CES020

You seriously didn't use Arial as a font, did you?

:design:

Only kidding, I think it looks great compared to what you started with. It's neat to see the plane flying and see the kit, etc. Great job, that'll help people understand it for certain.

ELESSE

Signmeup - SPACE NEEDED

Signmeup -
If you'll clear out space in your PM box, I can send you something.
Cheers,
Elesse