• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I like this Place! - New here - Hello!

gurlprinter

Hello All --

What a great site - so glad to have found it and all of ya'll! My partner and i are "in the works" of opening a sign business from the back studio in our house. - I work in the printing industry and she is a free-lance artist - With our combined skills we plan to ROCK HOUSTON ! - But, before all that begins we have a question -- we were planning on purchasing a new Summa D60 from a dealer here in Houston tx -- for 1995.00 ---- BUT now the opportunity to purchase a used Summa d60 for $1200. plus dell laptop has fallen in our lap -- the laptop and plotter are both used and 2 years old -- no warranty -- Please all experts of signs101.com - please come to our rescue with advice on our discussion - would you go for the used model -- or just purchase it new with warranty? HELP! Thank you and we are soooooo excited to be a part of this sign community!
urock.gif

A & S Sign Stop!
Aleshia & Sarah
Houston Tx

Scott Reynolds

:Welcome:

A used Summa D60 is your best bet till you get your feet wet. After you out grow that, you can move up from there. Two years on a Summa is not that much, even if I was worked pretty hard.

ps, whats with the thumbs down? :help:

gurlprinter

Thank you

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome ! :thankyou:

LvDecals - I truly appreciate your insight on my purchase -- from what i hear about the Summa plotters - I dont think we can go wrong with saving $700 and purchasing a used one - Thank you. - And about the thumbs down... oppps - thought that was a question mark -- lol. yikes!:Oops:

Have a great day all!

A & S Sign Stop!
Aleshia & Sarah
Houston Tx:thumb: