• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Missed This Over the Weekend....

WildWestDesigns

Those that are Adobe CC users, be on the lookout for phishing scams heading your way. Just in case your info is one of the 7 mil+.

Just a little heads up in case any one missed it over the weekend. Although I think the breach was from earlier this month.

bannertime

Things like this are one of the reasons I started using random number and letter strings as usernames with account info such as Art Dept.

WildWestDesigns

I wonder if we are going to be start getting a LifeLock account along our subscription services.

This amazes me, SaaS companies deal with data, that's it. This is the downside of being a subscription only business. This is something that companies need to take seriously. Of course, consumers have to take it seriously as well.

Info was out there for a week, that's a long time to plug up a hole in security.

I may be a little tinfoil hat on the issue, but it seems like a whole lotta companies that really just don't cut it with securing that data (both their own and ours), even though they are essentially in the data business now.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Wildwest, try not making your headline clickbait... put some legit identifier in the subject line...as if you were writing an e-mail.

WildWestDesigns

Wildwest, try not making your headline clickbait... put some legit identifier in the subject line...as if you were writing an e-mail.

It was a legit identifier, it really was something that I missed over the weekend. I couldn't resist that one. No willpower what so ever.

Ironically, that is how I would do a subject line in an email (for better or for worse) with content along this nature.

bannertime

I wonder if we are going to be start getting a LifeLock account along our subscription services.

Back when the Office of Personnel Management (government employee database) was breached I got a 5 year subscription to a credit monitoring service with up to like 2 mil in compensation if anything went wrong. Equifax was offering monitoring service after their breach. So I can see this becoming a standard. Someone will likely start selling data breach insurance to tech companies.

data business now.

This is the key take-away. Securing data cost money and eats into profit!

WildWestDesigns

This is the key take-away. Securing data cost money and eats into profit!

Cost of doing business with this type of business model.

This just goes to show you that no one is really going to value your data more then you (at least in theory, some don't seem to value it at all, while I get the majority of stuff about us has already probably been willingly releases, this to me is just pretty bad, but that's just me and I'm probably in the minority) at least with regard to securing it.