• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help

Joseph Dunkle

I need some help, I designed a logo for a friend a couple of years back and he wants me to do some vinyl on his truck with the logo. I designed it and it looks like the original but when i go to cut it, the cut lines are all messed up.

If someone could redo, or tell me what to do,I would really appreciate it.

PS. Designed in corel and cutting in flexi

Here is the link to the file saved in CMX format:
http://www.hitts-onsite.com/logo1.cmx

Steve C.

You cannot cut Corel outlines. Use contours to create the same effect. Then weld all objects so that no lines intersect. View you design in wire frame and you can see what your plotter sees.

Steve C.

From your Effects menue sellect Contours. This creates hard outlines or inlines to what ever object or text is sellected. But with the design you have created you won't need to do that, just create a circle for each line instead of using your outline tool then weld.

Attachments

• temp target copy.jpg
    temp target copy.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 97

Joseph Dunkle

okay i created a new image of it and when i weld it i just get the outer circle and four little nubs coming out of the sides

Steve C.

You will need to combine each set of circles before welding. Select the two outer circles then from the Arange menu select Combine. do the same with the two inner circles. Now add the cross bars and weld everything. Let me know if this works.

simplesignman

Steve C. said:
You cannot cut Corel outlines. Use contours to create the same effect. Then weld all objects so that no lines intersect. View you design in wire frame and you can see what your plotter sees.

Not quite. You can transform Corel outlines into object and cut them willy-nilly.

Arrange->Convert Outline to Object

Generally a lot handier than contours

Steve C.

Learn something new everyday, Thanks for the info. This option must be in later versions.....I don't see it in my Corel 8.