• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help!

chadalicious

I am running a Mimaki JV5160S. I have some tape measures I am printing for a customer and it is imperative that they actually measure correctly. The first set I printed, I gave to the customer and he brought them back a few days later saying by the end of the tapes I printed, the measurements were off by about 1/8". The material that they are cutting is also digitally weighed when cut, so the extra 1/8" added extra weight and the computer scrapped that piece....

Anyways, I spent over an hour making sure that when I re-created the tape measures in CorelDraw, that every quarter inch mark was exactly where it was supposed to be. Then, when I printed it, the marks were off even more. This time they were closer to 1/4" off by the end of the tapes.

What can I do to make sure that these things print exact without wasting a ton of material? One is 70" long and the other is 45", so I can't run them horizontally across the print material. I've been exporting them as EPS files and printing them out of Wasatch. Can anyone help me?

Montrealer

Senior Operator
I am a JV5 operator, the problem is your softwware i think, With CS5 using illustrator instead of Coreldraw, and use Onyx (Postershop), to rip your Eps file. Or maybe try to send the file into other format like Tiff instead of EPS file. I think its the rip station the prob. If i had to guess i would bet on that.

striper14

maybe your rollers slip a little bit. You'd only ever know when printing rulers anything else is near enough...just a thought

Robert M

Printer

look up print compensation in your manual. basically you print out what should be an exact distance and the make adjustments based on what you physically measure the output to be on your specific media