• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need Media recommendations for clear and holographic

RatherDashing

I'm looking to make a 1000 stickers with my HP Latex 115 printer, and need some recommendations on media that is 54in wide or less. I would like a clear that I can print on top, and also holographic. I was thinking about Gans Digital (love those guys) holographic, but that is more for window and large application, and I'm not sure how that would do/look on a 2in sticker. My printer is latex, so compatible media is a must. Any recommendations?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
BigfishDM Can definitely help you and may have a solution other than windows. Also take a look at Drytac. They have a holographic overlaminate named P3D that may work for what you are doing so you can print whatever you need and overlam to get the holographic look. I'm not sure who distributes Drytac on the west coast, but Midwest Sign Supply may have it. Good Luck!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking to make a 1000 stickers with my HP Latex 115 printer, and need some recommendations on media that is 54in wide or less. I would like a clear that I can print on top, and also holographic. I was thinking about Gans Digital (love those guys) holographic, but that is more for window and large application, and I'm not sure how that would do/look on a 2in sticker. My printer is latex, so compatible media is a must. Any recommendations?

I have 24" solid holographic adhesive vinyl that would work good for that. I am working on 54", but it is still not ready yet. I also have clear in 54"

RatherDashing

I have 24" solid holographic adhesive vinyl that would work good for that. I am working on 54", but it is still not ready yet. I also have clear in 54"
I haven't done such a short roll in my HP 115 yet, does it feed well? I read that I have to enable a certain mode if under a specific width (can't remember off the top of my head).
Do they have that holographic at the Portland Gans? I love buying from you guys, best company I've dealt with.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I haven't done such a short roll in my HP 115 yet, does it feed well? I read that I have to enable a certain mode if under a specific width (can't remember off the top of my head).
Do they have that holographic at the Portland Gans? I love buying from you guys, best company I've dealt with.

Glad you enjoy Gans!! No, I have to order them in and it takes about 4 days. Yes it will feed no problem in the 115.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

flyplainsdrifta

RatherDashing

I have had it in 24" for a while, it's the R-Tape Rainbow Brite. I will see if they have sample rolls. We are having a lot of fun with the perf, these guys just did the Alamo Dome last week:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bcor...erf-theonly-activity-6592915419579985920-VmLv
Question about the holographic perf, how see through is it from the back? If I put it on my classroom windows, will I still be able to see into the breezeway? If I put it on the back window of a car, how easy is it to see out of?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Question about the holographic perf, how see through is it from the back? If I put it on my classroom windows, will I still be able to see into the breezeway? If I put it on the back window of a car, how easy is it to see out of?

You can see through it no problem from the inside.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
In the classroom it would have minimal impact, depending on lighting. If it's brighter in the hallway, you can see very clearly through from the classroom. If the classroom is brighter, you will struggle to see into the hallway.
As far as the car goes, same rules, but when it rains you can't see anything. I have it on my back glass of my truck, so its truly vertical, even then, after it rains, for the next hour I can't back up without my mirrors. The water kindly puddles in the holes of the perf.. It's not the worst, but definitely noticeable.

You can laminate it and it will not distort the effect.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well yes, but as far as on a vehicle, it hurts visibility on a clear day. As I type this I realize I don't think I've ever checked this out first hand. Anybody else laminate perf going on a vehicles back glass? I did a wrap that covered the sides of a van with perf, so we opted to laminate as it wasn't going to be looked through, but they didn't want the back glass done.

If you use optically clear laminate, you will have no issue seeing out of it. If you use normal laminate it will be very hard to see out of.