• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Received an offer to buy Flexisign DOWNLOAD ONLY...?

CS-SignSupply

If you have a legit Flexi 8.x dongle and are upgrading to 10, you can download and install the full version from the manufacturer website, www.flexisign10.com. Once your authorized dealer is emailed your password for the upgraded version, it should be emailed to you. Then you install the new password by way of the Install Manager. Done.

If you have a legit Flexi 8.x SOFTKEY (no dongle), you can do the same.

It is recommended to request a replacement dongle if you have the SOFTKEY. There is no extra charge for this.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

qwerty

Great responses !

I will have it all in mind.

I'm just starting shopping for a decent vinyl cutter and software, because I am back into the signs arena:goodpost:

qwerty

It definitely struck me what said "zmatalucci":
to buy corel and the other program...

I will definitely reserch more on the subject.
,and if you can expand your post, the better :):U Rock:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No idea what zmatalucci is talking about. Corel is not a RIP and cannot directly drive a large format printer. I can only guess he had a bad experience with Flexi at some point. Thats going to happen with any program.... I know of many many shops who use Flexi daily with no problems at all. Versaworks is a RIP specific for Roland printers and if you have a Roland printer it should be fine. FlexiSign Pro is also an excellent RIP as is several others. With any good RIP properly using it is key. Canned profiles will nearly always give decent results. Getting a colorimeter and making your own custom profiles will give much better results.

No idea what zmatalucci is talking about. Corel is not a RIP and cannot directly drive a large format printer. I can only guess he had a bad experience with Flexi at some point. Thats going to happen with any program.... I know of many many shops who use Flexi daily with no problems at all. Versaworks is a RIP specific for Roland printers and if you have a Roland printer it should be fine. FlexiSign Pro is also an excellent RIP as is several others. With any good RIP properly using it is key. Canned profiles will nearly always give decent results. Getting a colorimeter and making your own custom profiles will give much better results.

I use Flexi for my RIP program, and it works amazing I have *knock on wood* never had an issue thus far.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Flexi starter is decent if all you need to do is cut. It is so stripped down all it can do is use the basic tools, lay out straight text, resize and cut. (full cutting utilities though)

If you don't have any vector design software there is always Inkscape to get you started (opensource and decent on the design side) ... but invest in either the higher end of flexi, or get corel draw and/or adobe illustrator to suppliment what you lack in the cutting software ... personally I prefer designing in corel draw and Illustrator above flexi, but to each their own.

qwerty

Flexi starter is decent if all you need to do is cut. It is so stripped down all it can do is use the basic tools, lay out straight text, resize and cut. (full cutting utilities though)

If you don't have any vector design software there is always Inkscape to get you started (opensource and decent on the design side) ... but invest in either the higher end of flexi, or get corel draw and/or adobe illustrator to suppliment what you lack in the cutting software ... personally I prefer designing in corel draw and Illustrator above flexi, but to each their own.

So, the flexistarter can cut mirrored letters, curved, etc
I am familiar with corel.

Drip Dry

To clarify, the no charge dongle request is available if you UPGRADE your software to current.

Bobby
Can you clarify this even further.
Why would I request a replacement dongle if I have a softkey.
Is it a physical dongle like in the past that I could move from one machine to another ? Does it replace the softkey ?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
So, the flexistarter can cut mirrored letters, curved, etc
I am familiar with corel.

It can cut them ... you just can't design it in the program. Think of flexi starter as JUST a cutting utility. Before you transfer from one program to flexi ... convert all objects to curves, weld everything that needs to be welded and try to have a finished design before importing ... especially since all you can do is just resize and cut. If you want an easier way to cut without importing ... I had one system I used back in the day that had CoCut on it ... went straight from corel draw to the plotter ... good stuff.