• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Received my Wit-Color Ultra 9000 dual dx5 printer

xxtoni

Chris & Others,

One of my customers in Las Vegas bought one with four print head configuration. It's been sitting in his shop almost a month now. Not working. The problem is the cap top not creating perfect seal for inks to go through. Any good advise would be greatly helpful. Only one color went through a little bit, rest is not.

I can't speak for the WIT Color or DX5 heads on Chinese printers but I have a printer with Spectra 255 heads and have a similar problem. The heads simply aren't close enough to the caps to seal properly. The caps are the rubber kind where you put solvent in them to keep the heads wet. Since the alignment isn't perfect that doesn't work but the solution I found is just getting a cloth (we use a silicon based one) and putting solvent onto that and then putting the cloth between the caps and the head.

I know, I know...not much of a solution but it works, the heads don't clog. Probably won't work for you since the DX5s have that positive pressure thing with their capping station but worth considering doing something like this as a workaround so you don't lose nozzles on your heads until you figure out a better solution.

Hope it helps

John Thomson

Very interesting thread.......after importing a dye sublimation setup, then a laser cutter/engraver I took a gamble and imported a Tjet solvent printer around 6 months ago.

I went in with my eyes open knowing there would be issues along the way......all in I am happy with my new printer.

It is 1.6m, single dx7 head, pre/post and platen heater, take up reel, fan, Maintop and Photoprint rips, Epson control software that prints in a wave.

Yes there have been teething issues as expected but then I am not a printer engineer plus I had no urgency as I have kept my Mimaki JV3 just in case.

Chinese printers can and do print really high quality.......the lack of available profiles has been my main issue but the Chinese expect you to overcome problems like this yourself.

John

John Thomson

Hi,

a couple of videos of my printer running.

[video=youtube;-_b8XPVfNZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_b8XPVfNZ8[/video]

[video=youtube;VIaCIZxsQYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIaCIZxsQYc[/video]

John

Last edited by a moderator:

John Thomson

Output is as good as my Mimaki......2 pass is perfectly acceptable and at that it will do 28sq metre per hour.

I have had problems with a lack of profiles........I will need to get custom profiles for Photoprint done.

John