• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I require your expertise in helping solve my gradient issue

S Ali

Hi friends,

I've attached two files to this message.

The first one is called "Original", this is what our print should look like -- however, if you look at the other file called `Incorrect colour Gradient` you'll see how the file shows up in the RIP software (we're using ONYX Thrive 21).

I've tried to play around with a bunch of different profiles but just can't seem to open the file in Thrive and have it look as it should (like the Original).

Could anybody provide me with some insights as to how I can fix this problem?

Attachments

• Incorrect Colour Gradient.png
    Incorrect Colour Gradient.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Original.png
    Original.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 101

dypinc

You need to find the overprint setting. Where Onyx hides it I do not know.

Is the original a PDF of a PNG? Not sure the RIP would read a PNG correctly. Better to save it as a PDF and check in Acrobat if it has the overprint set correctly.

jfiscus

Rap Master

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the rendering intents in your RIP are set differently for vector/bitmap and your background is a vector box, that's probably the issue. Most programs create gradients as raster effects so they are technically bitmap on top of vector which confuses the render. If you set the rendering intents to be the same it should work. You can also rasterize the entire image but I've always considered that a bad fix while others use it for every job they do so YMMV.