• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question I ve to let my CJV30 during 3 Weeks alone :(

vivi0512

in france !
Hello everyone, i need some advice, because i ve never been in that case before.

I m going to the other side of the earth during 3 weeks, and my mimaki cjv30 with ecosolvent ink will be alone during this time.

I have a small print company ( very small, my wife and myself :) ) and i noticed that when we don't print during a week, when i want to reprint, i need to do a printhead cleaning, and let the printhead soak in the cleaning fluid during 10-15mn.

Even if i ve set routine clean : refresh every 6h and printhead clean every 24h.

After that all nozzles are great, it was never a problem for us because it happen 1 or 2 times a year during christmas for exemple.
So i m very stressed to let it 3 weeks, i m afraid to buy a new printhead when i come back....

So do you suggest to entirely flush the print head with cleaning fluid ? then i let the dampers on it full of cleaning fluid too ?

I also may have an idea ( bad idea maybe ? ) if i empty my cartdrige ( cartdrige refillable with chips by the way ) then i fill them with cleaning fluid , after that i do 2 or 3 or 4 ink wash routine to drain out the ink for all the tubes.

this way i will have a full circuit full of cleaning fluid ? and i let the refresh and clean routine do his job or i turn off totally the printer ? do you think it will be great ?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
These things can sit a while without printing. I’d probably just up the amount of cleaning cycles to every three hours or so if you’re worried. You’ll use a bit more ink but it’s worth the peace of mind.

Then a a couple cleaning cycles when you’re back and a nozzle wash at best and you’ll be fine.

Honestly as long as it’s plugged in and pushing ink through the nozzles regularly you should be fine, just make sure you empty the waste tank before leaving!

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Nozzle wash and turn off main power after cutter head disengages. When you turn power back on (days later) do one normal clean then test print. I leave my printer like this for weeks. Ever couple a day I will reach in and un lock head from cap and refill with cleaning solution.

ikarasu

Throw on a roll of cheap vinyl, take it to the take up reel... And install a VNC on your RIP computer. chrome remote desktop + 2FA... Then you can use your phone to login to your rip PC while on vacation / away, send a job to print every few days and you're good to go. I used to do this when I was on vacation and had a solvent, it worked great. I usually pre-ripped 3 FT of promo items we could hand out to customers and then print that every 3-4 days... then you're not wasting material or ink.

I suggest setting it up and doing it for a week before you leave to make sure you don't have any hiccups, if this is the solution you go with.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Throw on a roll of cheap vinyl, take it to the take up reel... And install a VNC on your RIP computer. chrome remote desktop + 2FA... Then you can use your phone to login to your rip PC while on vacation / away, send a job to print every few days and you're good to go. I used to do this when I was on vacation and had a solvent, it worked great. I usually pre-ripped 3 FT of promo items we could hand out to customers and then print that every 3-4 days... then you're not wasting material or ink.

I suggest setting it up and doing it for a week before you leave to make sure you don't have any hiccups, if this is the solution you go with.

Having a remote desktop program on your RIP PC is a handy thing even if you're not going for long. I've definitely had to make some emergency fixes for work while being away; first time was a pain to set up, but now that it's there it's a bit quicker :)

vivi0512

in france !

mmmmm i can make that but it means i let the printer on during 3 weeks, because my printer is on USB ( no ethernet )
and in the mean time heater will goes on when i print, then they will stay on during 3 weeks .... they don't stop to heat when print job is ended, don't know why, this is not very good for the planet (and not good for the printer too ) :(

Ok so my 2 reasonnable choises are, to make very closed cleanings every 3 hours
or wash the head with cleaning fluid and turn it off right ?

...mmmm i hesitate.....

mmmmm i can make that but it means i let the printer on during 3 weeks, because my printer is on USB ( no ethernet )
and in the mean time heater will goes on when i print, then they will stay on during 3 weeks .... they don't stop to heat when print job is ended, don't know why, this is not very good for the planet (and not good for the printer too ) :(

Ok so my 2 reasonnable choises are, to make very closed cleanings every 3 hours
or wash the head with cleaning fluid and turn it off right ?

...mmmm i hesitate.....
The best option is to initiate a nozzle wash from the maintenance menu and fill the cap with liquid. When it asks how long to want to leave it set it to 99min. When the machine starts counting down from 99 min switch the power off on the side of the machine. When you return for your trip switch the machine back on and run a clean. This will save ink, power and not use the heaters that could be a potential fire risk if left in for weeks on end. Most importantly this will protect your print head from drying out.

E Coloney

I have similar circumstances and have someone come in and do a test print every second or third day if I'm gone for a while.