• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC profile for Dietzgen Magic SCF7 film on HP310Latex??

MHester

I'm trying to find an ICC profile for Flexi. I'm using Magic SCF7 6.5 mil clear film on my HP310. Magic doesn't have the profile, HP doesn't have the profile. Anyone used this stuff before who has hand-built a profile? Help. Thanks, Mary

MHester

What is the application that you would be using this non-adhesive clear polyester film for?
Excellent question. It's for a small projector with a transparent clear film (printed) in a carwash. It projects the car wash logo on to the customers front windshield as they're going through. The 2-piece projector lens "locks" down the 2" circle film graphic insert so it doesn't move. The film I got is the perfect thickness, plus it's supposed to be water resistent. I just can't find a print profile for it, and only have a small sample roll of this stuff, don't want to waste on trial/error on building the right profile from scratch.

For a projection application such as you are describing, a high ink load would be necessary.

I would probably begin tests with the media preset shown in the attachment as it has a high ink density of 185 percent. If you need to reduce the temperature, compensate with increased Inter-Pass Delay Offset value to ensure that the ink is dry. The Media Preset is available on the HP Media Locator:
https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator

Attachments

• Drytac Reveal.JPG
    Drytac Reveal.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 147

MHester

For a projection application such as you are describing, a high ink load would be necessary.

I would probably begin tests with the media preset shown in the attachment as it has a high ink density of 185 percent. If you need to reduce the temperature, compensate with increased Inter-Pass Delay Offset value to ensure that the ink is dry. The Media Preset is available on the HP Media Locator:
https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator
Thats super helpful! Thank you. I'll start there and tweak temperatures. That's a great start point. Thank you :)