• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC profile for Poli-Tape

Tadega

We bought a roll Poli-tape vinyl, but now we are looking for ICC profiles for this

Could only find for Roland I model, and we have SP-540V , so that did not work

Can anyone help us with this?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
While the local Colora Nostra seems fond of having a profile for every media, I have found after 20 years of printing on all manner of media that it's really not necessary at all. In this shop there's exactly two, count 'em two, profiles. One for vinyl, canvas, banners, and everything else save paper. Paper has its own special profile. The base profile for both of these are Oracal's profile for 3651G from many years ago. This profile was tweaked some so that it printed satisfactorily on most everything, even silver metallic. The paper profile is the same but with the ink levels turned down a bit. One added benefit to doing it this way is that it makes the local chapter of the Colora Nostra go to the mattresses Most amusing. They will wail, wave their arms, and insist that this cannot perform optimally. To which I respond that medial printed with its own special profile and the same media printed my way are functionally indistinguishable. I'm not trying for 'optimal', I'm going for 'saleable'.

What are those tweaks? Just a few, set the dither algorithm to the highest quality available and set the rendering intents to "No Color Correction" for everything except bitmaps which is set to "Perceptual". Then always input bitmaps in RGB at 150 PPI or so and the printer to output at 720 DPI or so. You want the output resolution to be ~ 4x the input resolution. There may be a few more but those are the main ones.