• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas on how to make these...

NP_18

Have a client looking to do something very similar to the attached pictures. They want a few hundred flowers made and for them to last long term. I was thinking go metal and weld/paint, but wasn't sure if there was a better option? How would you go about it?

Attachments

• daffodils.jpg
    daffodils.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Daffodil 2.jpg
    Daffodil 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 290

Rocco G

I'd get my local CNC guy to cut them out of 3/8" PVC (hdu would probably be too expensive thought the router could give some neat details), spray the flower yellow and then apply a digital print of the center portion of the flower. The stem could be plastic tubing and the leaves probably gotten from faux flowers at an arts/crafts store.

If you are stuck on metal then 1/8" aluminum with aluminum tube stems (welded to flower) and again plastic leaves from faux flowers. I'd stay away from metal myself because of sharp edges, etc. Also, I'd want to know their idea of long term. They might be thinking of anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of decades.

NP_18

I'd get my local CNC guy to cut them out of 3/8" PVC (hdu would probably be too expensive thought the router could give some neat details), spray the flower yellow and then apply a digital print of the center portion of the flower. The stem could be plastic tubing and the leaves probably gotten from faux flowers at an arts/crafts store.

If you are stuck on metal then 1/8" aluminum with aluminum tube stems (welded to flower) and again plastic leaves from faux flowers. I'd stay away from metal myself because of sharp edges, etc. Also, I'd want to know their idea of long term. They might be thinking of anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of decades.

I like the PVC route. Can get some 1/2" green pvc pipe for the stem. I never considered just getting plastic leaves that's a good idea.