• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help If Avery cast vinyl gets wet, will adhesive still work when it dries?

Aelin

Asking because I just finished installing a big piece of Avery on a garage door but was not able to apply it into the recesses before a surprise thunderstorm came through.

The adhesive side is wet in places now, and I’m wondering if I can let it dry out if it will still stick? Obviously not going to apply it until it dries. Will it still work??
Or does this mean a reprint.

De.signs Nanaimo

Yes should be fine once dry, I have had masked pieces get wet, then the backing paper could not be removed as it was sticking to the glue. I dried it out overnight and it was fine, paper was a bit wrinkled but it came off clean and the decals stuck no problem.

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
Yes........ Years ago I was applying Avery RS, a printed cut logo on a car hauler at Daytona. As soon as I leveled the first side it poured rain. Applied both sides with the rain like App Fluid.
They were fine once the sun dried things out...