• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'Illegal Pinchroll Position' message

Lance

Gooday all,
Got another problem with my PNC-1000 and I am hoping for a bit of help with the explanation.
While working on the machine to try and correct a previous problem ( http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2724 ) this new hassle has evolved.
I am getting the 'Illegal Pinchroll Position' message appearing.
The pinchrollers have not been moved at all until this message appeared. I relocated them to see if something would re-set itself but there was no change, and now the rollers are back in the original posion with the message still displayed.

Anyone have any ideas which may clear the message.

Once I get this sorted I can continue on the original problem.

Thanx all
Lance

JHsigns

My Roland CM-24 would give me that error every now and then and it was cause I didn't have the pinch rollers over the serated portions of the metal chingy that they pinch against ...

RacerX_GTO

"ILLEGAL", that sounds pretty harsh. As though you racked up a feloney.

My Roland has given me the error due to the fact the rollers wern't lined up correctly, but as you exlained, that isn't the case in your situation. Try lifting the pinch roll handle up, move the rollers left and right a few times, align them up with the lower rollers and see if that doesn't shake the error message. Other possibilities may be sensor related.

Lance

Yeah Racer, I am starting to think along the lines of the sensors as well. Does anybody know where they are mounted and how to get to them.

Last night I turned the machine over to have a look and when I got it upright again the message had gone but reappeared almost immeadiatly.
Something loose, moving. not aligned correctly perhaps ?

I have removed the 4 visible screws holding the front lower cover panel but it does not want to come of. Is there a trick to getting that cover of or am I not as clever as I thought?

Any help with this would place you in my deepest regard.
Yeah OK.

Lance
thank%20you.gif

Lance

Does anyone have access to an exploded view diagram such as a parts manual or service book for the pnc1000 or 1100?

Lance

I have now got the cutter dismantled can someone tell me where to find the pinch roller sensors?

:thankyou: