• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

illustrator and versaworks cut contour

crny1

I have a vector that needs a cut line around it. I am not sure whats the easiest way to go about it to leave a bit of bleed so it comes out ok. I have attached a pic of the vector I am working with. I need to put a cut contour on it.
WOuld it be best to copy and paste in front, take out fill, unite in pathfinder and then apply the cut contour stroke?
But how would I make the print grow a bit to have some bleed to be safe? This vector will be 32" long and 6" tall when done.
Suggestions? Am I going about it the hard way?

Thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• berry vine.jpg
    berry vine.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 265

mpn

After you combine the copied image, use the offset path tool to adjust how much bleed you want

visualeyez

Select all, (assuming the white is not cutout)
Edit, Copy
Edit, Paste in Front
Object > Expand (stroke, not fill)
Object > Ungroup
Object > Ungroup (yes again)
Color > Fill: Pink or Whatever...
Pathfinder > Add to Shape Area...
Object > Offset Path > .125" or whatever...
X > Switch fill color to stroke (cut contour)

Something Like that?

phototec

I have a vector that needs a cut line around it. I am not sure whats the easiest way to go about it to leave a bit of bleed so it comes out ok. I have attached a pic of the vector I am working with. I need to put a cut contour on it.
WOuld it be best to copy and paste in front, take out fill, unite in pathfinder and then apply the cut contour stroke?
But how would I make the print grow a bit to have some bleed to be safe? This vector will be 32" long and 6" tall when done.
Suggestions? Am I going about it the hard way?

Thanks

attachment.php

Yes, basically just make a duplicate of the artwork \then expand the outer line and change it t a CutContour.[video=youtube;jaT8Dyodzg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaT8Dyodzg0[/video]