• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator CC Gradients

JLD984

Hi all, I'm having trouble printing a banner, the outline around the word 'trademark' is supposed to be blue at the top and disappearing at the bottom. I tried having a blue to black gradient, and also tried again with a white to black multiply gradient pasted above a solid blue outline but the end result is exactly the same. Another frustrating thing is the bottom of the gradient is darker than the background black, even when all four CMYK values are set at 100% it (the background) still appears faded and somehow other objects appear darker than it. I'm using Illustrator CC and having issues with these sort of things that were never a problem in the past. Any help greatly appreciated.

Malkin

I have similar issues using cs6 and saving PDFs with gradients, then prining on the Roland through versaworks. Only fix is to either save as EPS or rasterize the art.

rjssigns

To eliminate a lot of gradient issues use the blend tool and let it make the gradient.(does a flawless job) This is especially useful for offset printing.