• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator - CM2 - Tiling Problem

newparade

Hi,

I have a Graphtec CE5000-60, and use Illustrator with the CM2 plugin. I want to cut a 5x5 foot tiled logo. Now here's the trick, I've done this before with different graphics. However THIS particular graphic seems to be giving me an unexpected problem. If I do a test cut of the graphic, smaller so that it just fits on a single 24 inch wide piece of material, all of the graphic details are present. However, when I expand the size to engage the automatic tiling function, my machine stubbornly will not cut random parts of the graphic. In other words, I get my tiled 5x5 logo, in three pieces with my programmed 1 inch overlap that I want, but some details just end up not cutting.

Has anyone else experienced this? IF so what did you to to resolve it. Also, I did vectorize this logo with Vector Magic, and I have tried it in different formats (AI, SVG, EPS) etc with the same result, so I'm assuming it's a Cutting Master issue.

I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks,
Scott

newparade

UPDATED

Problem solved by downloading Cutting Master 3 Beta. I suppose that perhaps the image was just too complicated for CM2. This is a very detailed logo going on a wall (yep a bear to put up, but it will look awesome). I'm down about a mile of wasted material, but oh well.

Hi,

I have a Graphtec CE5000-60, and use Illustrator with the CM2 plugin. I want to cut a 5x5 foot tiled logo. Now here's the trick, I've done this before with different graphics. However THIS particular graphic seems to be giving me an unexpected problem. If I do a test cut of the graphic, smaller so that it just fits on a single 24 inch wide piece of material, all of the graphic details are present. However, when I expand the size to engage the automatic tiling function, my machine stubbornly will not cut random parts of the graphic. In other words, I get my tiled 5x5 logo, in three pieces with my programmed 1 inch overlap that I want, but some details just end up not cutting.

Has anyone else experienced this? IF so what did you to to resolve it. Also, I did vectorize this logo with Vector Magic, and I have tried it in different formats (AI, SVG, EPS) etc with the same result, so I'm assuming it's a Cutting Master issue.

I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks,
Scott