• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator creative cloud "open file" preview gone

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Finally upgraded to CC and I noticed the little preview window on illustrators "Open File" menu is gone. Looks like there is a windows based 'preview' bar ... but it only previews one file then doesn't work again. Anyone else notice this and/or know how to fix this? I would go to the bridge ... but it only shows the art board, not so much multiple art boards or any side stuff ... and sometimes all I need to know is if the file I'm going into has the side stuff without opening it all the way.

scott pagan

there is a show/hide preview pane icon in the open window toolbar in the upper right. it's next to the view icons options pulldown.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Yuppers, that is the windows based preview. Just looking for a work around on that stupid thing since the one they are forcing you to use only previews one then says "error loading file" if you scroll down.

Hackney garbage.