• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Cut Paths Are Giving Me AIDS

Adam Bennett

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/FONT]
I designed a sheet of stickers in illustrator with the cut path on a seperate layer and the color labeled countourcut but when I open the .ai file in flexi, it doesn't recognize the cut paths and when I use the contour cut option it tries to cut around the whole sheet of stickers. Any words of encouragement? I'm about to throw my computer out the window.

geedub

don't throw the computer out the window. Are the stickers raster images? If not, do they use a lot of gradients? And when you are saving as an .eps file are you selecting "preserve illustrator blah blah" the last check box? because that should be UNchecked.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try this.
After importing your design into Flexi select your .ai contour cut that doesn't work; then go to arrange>contour cut> make contour cut.

Replicator

I know in Corel the cut has to be named CutContour . . . !

Not sure about Illustrator !

Oh' Yeah . . . Sorry to hear about your health issues . . . !

Adam Bennett

The stickers are all just text inside of a rounded rectangle. The rectangles have a 100% magenta stroke on a seperate layer. I don't know what else to do, so right now i'm sticking pencils in my eyes and trying to figure this out.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The stickers are all just text inside of a rounded rectangle. The rectangles have a 100% magenta stroke on a seperate layer. I don't know what else to do, so right now i'm sticking pencils in my eyes and trying to figure this out.

For openers, you might try using Flexi as it was designed. Contour cuts in Flexi are not paths with special names or colors or layers or whatever. Contour paths in Flexi are contour paths. You can make any path a contour path merely by doing Arrange->Contour Cut->Make Contour Path. You can release one the dame way.

This being the case, when importing into Flexi there's no special consideration for something that in some other package would be treated as a contour path. It's just another path to Flexi.