• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Plug-Ins

Custom_Grafx

There is also a good plug in for people who don't like the way node editing works in Illy called "better handles".

Wildgoose

I see no one has posted in here for a while. I have had great luck with a plug in called "Concatenate" that allow you to connect all the line segments from a cad dfx type spline file. You still end up with a bazillion points but you at least have something to work with. There are a few other similar useful features. I do some file conversions for a metal sign worker who has a plasma cutter. Here is a link to the website:

http://rj-graffix.com/software/plugins.html

In Print

It has been awhile since anyone posted here, but we use astutegraphics to clean up cutlines. It eliminates all the unnecessary points, which speeds up cutting.... the specific plug-in is called VectorScribe

WildWestDesigns

It has been awhile since anyone posted here, but we use astutegraphics to clean up cutlines. It eliminates all the unnecessary points, which speeds up cutting.... the specific plug-in is called VectorScribe

I had actually received their entire "suite" of plugins for CS6 and they really help out a lot. My particular favorite is Dynamic Sketch. It allows me to use the Wacom Airbrush pen within Ai. Only Ps had native support for it and I hardly use that program, so that was a very good bonus for my print designs. There are a few others that I use when I do digital sketches of my designs first. Worth getting in my opinion.

In Print

I had actually received their entire "suite" of plugins for CS6 and they really help out a lot. My particular favorite is Dynamic Sketch. It allows me to use the Wacom Airbrush pen within Ai. Only Ps had native support for it and I hardly use that program, so that was a very good bonus for my print designs. There are a few others that I use when I do digital sketches of my designs first. Worth getting in my opinion.

Sounds cool! We just need for the cut lines as many of the cut lines from our customers or from our intricate cut paths have so many set points and eliminating the unnecc. ones really speeds up on the cutter.
We run multiples, so for instance a sheet of 200 ambulance magnets will take 18 minutes vs 26 minutes not cleaned up.

nikdoobs

That Phantasm plugin from Astute is really cool. I had that on my old computer. You could make some really trippy halftone patterns with it.