• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Question??

k.a.s.

How do I cut a vector into sections in illustrator? Or how do most of you panel your files to print wraps? I can do it in Flexi but I would rather do it in Illustrator since that is where I am printing from. Thanks in Advance.

Kevin

synergy_jim

use the divide command in the pathfinder pallet.

draw a square the size of the panel you want, lay it over the area and then hit divide.

easy as that

JD

SebastienL

If you print from illy, you can actually tile your artwork from the "print" menu. When you click print, set your page dimension then in the "setup" tab, check "tile full page" you can also enter a value for overlap. Click done, don't print yet, go in the "view" menu and click "show page tiling". You will see how Illy tiles your image.

One other way would be to use a clipping mask the size of your print. I you try to divide path that have brushes or gradient, weird stuff is going to happen.